My Motto

To Live, Laugh and Learn, and in no specific order



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gain Value of your Home with Yearly Routine Maintanence

THE VALUE OF HOME MAINTENANCE
By doing routine maintenance on your home every year you can gain at least 1% on your appraisal value, while deferring the maintenance can cost you 10% or more. Sounds like a no brainer to me. You never know when that day is going to come when you either want to, or have to sell your home, or even want to do a refinance or get an equity line. 

When we are in a Buyers Market like we are now, homes that have been well maintained are selling faster and closer to the asking price verses the ones that have not been.

By continually keeping up on the maintenance you actually save yourself money by not letting things get to the point of costly repair.

I have a great seasonal yearly maintenance checklist that I can email you if you are interested. I always do better myself with a checklist. Just email me and I will forward a copy to you.


Visit houselogic.com for more articles like this.
Copyright 2011 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®



I LOVE REFERRALS, so if you know of anyone that is looking to either buy or sell a home,  (doesn't have to be in Alabama)  please send me an email.  I'd be happy to help them.   Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment