My Motto

To Live, Laugh and Learn, and in no specific order



Saturday, October 8, 2011

Short Sale/ Foreclosure and your Credit Score

I'm always getting asked the question does a Short Sale hurt your credit score as bad as a Foreclosure, and while I have always received different answers to this question, Here it is in Black & White straight from FICO.
If you do a deed-in-lieu or a Short Sale with no defiency balance, it doesn't hurt as bad as a foreclosure, but if there is a defeciency from the Short Sale, it hurts your score the same as a Foreclosure.


Everybodies situation is different, and there can be underlying circumstances to each case, so if you are one of those many American's that have landed on rough times during this economy, don't fret, with some help and guidance you can own a Home again.  When, is the question you need to find out the answer to, because no one answer is going to be the same for everybody.
Get lined up with a Lender that will help you with this process and guide you so that your future will have a mortgage in it again someday.
We have a great Mortgage department at ERA-King Real Estate, and any of our staff can help you get on the right path. 
Drop me an email or give me a call and I'll help you get  an appointment set up to see what we can do to get you in your own Home again.

DO KNOW THAT CREDIT SCORE ISN'T THE ONLY OBSTACLE IN GETTING A MORTGAGE.  You can have a great score, but if your debt to Income ratio is off or if you have any judgments or Liens, you can still be denied.   STUDENT LOANS are one of the biggest culprits..... you must pay them. 


I LOVE REFERRALS, so if you know of anyone that is looking to either buy or sell real estate,(doesn't have to be in Alabama)please send me an email, and I will see what I can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment