My Motto

To Live, Laugh and Learn, and in no specific order



Friday, August 12, 2011

Is a SHORT SALE in your Future?

Short Sales Strong thru 2013
Until the last couple years a SHORT SALE wasn't even mentioned when either trying to sell your home or in buying a home, but with the economy in the situation that it is in, they are a very popular way to sell or buy real estate.


In simple terms, A SHORT SALE is when your Lender agrees to a payoff of your mortgage that is less then the actual principal balance owed. Naturally there are certain criteria that has to be met before an agreement like this will be agreed upon with your Mortgage Lender. You will have to prove you have a financial hardship, and there is a lot of documentation involved. If you are approved for this type of sale, make sure you are working with a Realtor that has experience with short sales, because they know how this process works. Selling and or buying a home with short sale assistance does take longer than a normal, everyday sale, so don't expect in 30 days it will all be over. The more experienced your Realtor is, the smoother it will go.

If you think you might qualify for selling your home with a Short Sale, email me, or give me a call and I will get you started on the process, and stick with you thru the end.

I LOVE REFERRALS, so if you know of anyone that is looking to either buy or sell real estate,(doesn't have to be in Alabama)please send me an email, and I will see what I can do to help.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment